Weathertech or Husky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went with WeatherTech and am highly disappointed.
I bought them for my Explorer 10 years ago and for our Highlander 4 years ago and they were great.
These new ones I bought are far thinner than the old ones I have. They will certainly start curling at the edges.
You can pretty much roll them up they fold in half without creasing.
This was not the case for the old ones.
The fronts seem to be of a thicker material.
Wish I would have gotten the Husky.
Also I am not sure if the Huskys do the same but there is about a 6”x6” Square right at the doors on each side where 2nd and 3rd row should meet have no coverage. It is pretty much right where the kids step to climb in.

Cookieman00x

Reaction score
I put weather Techs in my last 2004 expy and just installed them in my 17. I did have to put Husky's in the 3rd row of the 04 b/c they weren't available from weather tech.

I liked the fit and feel of the weather techs so in the end I went with them again. Yes they are more expensive but if it saves me time cleaning the carpets its money well spent.

The huskey liners felt like a harder plastic while Weather Techs feel like soft rubber.

cbbco

Reaction score
I got the Huskys for the front seats and the one piece Weathertech for the second row buckets and third row for my 2017. Fits great, and easy to install. Didn't have to remove the buckets, just had to tilt them forward. There is an opening on either side so that you can install (see the picture).

weathertech.jpg

XR4Ti

Reaction score
This is a great thread, so I thought I would add to it rather than start a new one. I recently replaced my '05 Expedition for a '16 Navigator and am looking at mats. I was going to go with the Maxliner, but I like the idea of a one-piece 2nd and 3rd row mat.

So here's the thing: my Nav has 2nd row buckets with center console. For those that are familiar with these mats, do you see any problem with installing the center console on top of the one-piece mat?

Last edited:

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I highly recommend Husky liners. Diamond tread pattern.

I put a set of these in my '07 Expedition in January 2007 when the truck was delivered and until the truck was sold in July 2017 (at about 170K miles) at which time them simply moved to the 2017 Expedition. 12-1/2 years of use.

Front and rear seat areas plus the 3d seat-down cargo area (3d seat is rarely up). Great for cargo, camping gear, and even wet stuff on occasion or when something drips.

-- Chuck

XR4Ti

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback on the Husky. I am leaning towards the Weathertech or the Husky Weatherbeater. I want full coverage for all the nasty snow/salt/water that's going to accumulate. Both have coverage on the outside of the 2nd row seats, which the Maxliner does not. Big savings though if I can get the one-piece 2nd/3rd row to fit under the 2nd row centre console.

XR4Ti

Reaction score
Lol, don't have that problem in Canada. I would have thought some good heat would make it all soft and form-fit better.