well, its not an expedition, but, it is a ford!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

hehehe, well, it isnt an expedition, but i plan on buying one soon. anyone here go off roading in their expeditions? just curious if they have any capabilities out on the trails. basicaly, im looking for something with more room than my ranger, but i dont want another explorer (i blew 4 transmissions in my old one, and gave up)

my current truck:
1997 Ranger
4.0 V6
Automatic
32x10.5x15 BFGoodrich All Terains
Husky toolbox with more recovery equipment than could ever be needed.
Sony Xplod Head unit
Pioneer speakers in doors
K&N Drop in Filter
Radioshack CB with Firestick Antenna

12285milford002.jpg

12285avitarrs.jpg

gotta love frame flex! (sometihng you SUV guys dont have to worry about)
12285mason_028.jpg

12285ranger1.jpg

OP
OP
G

And don't forget about the thread on the expy's that are being used in Iraq.

By the way, the transmission in your ranger may just be the same as the explorer. I have had a '95 explorer limited since 98 and it has served us well. As a matter of fact, its been totalled twice. First time, I talked the insurance agency into fixing it, a whole new frame. Second time was three weeks ago, and my wife pulled out in front of somebody and was hit. Everything from the radiator foward was "reloacated" to the other side of the road. I bought it back, bought the parts from a junk yard and now have about $1600 in it and you can't tell it was wrecked. It has 160K miles, with no mech. problems EVER.

Nice looking ranger, by the pictures, the expy would go where the ranger has. Just remember though, the Expy is alot bigger, and requires alot more width and length to make turns. Wheelbase is alot longer too, so it would take some getting used to.

OP
OP
G

yeah, i know that my ranger has exactly the same drivetrain as explorers do, but since there is a lot less weight in the ranger, the tranny seems to hold up a lot better. the transmission is a 4r55e by the way, if anyone was wondering. does anyobdy happen to know exactly what transmission and transfer case come in expeditions? im looking for a pre independent rear suspension model, with either the 4.6 or 5.4