What aftermarket parts do you wish were made for your Expy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Coming from Toyota, I do miss the roll down rear window. My dogs get confused by the side windows only opening a small amount and with the folded seats my greyhounds heads are at the very top of the rear door windows.

Aftermarket would be way too pricey for this.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish you could take off the luggage rack. I hate the thing. It's ugly and too big on the XLT.

I would also add a chrome strip to the side of the plastic steps on the XLT rather than buying a whole new set.

You can.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For me?

I'd rather just have waaay more integration with F150 or F250

In fact, I just want a ******* F150 or F250 with a roof and third row.

With 100% interchangeable parts everywhere except where ACTUALLY unavoidable (so same headlights, grilles, mirror mounts, dashes, hoods, front doors etc)

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A roof and a third row, why Martha he might be on to something! It looks sporty, it looks like it would have utility in hauling stuff, maybe they should name it an SUV! I will call Ford first thing tomorrow and see if old Henry's interested in my Idea.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chrome bumpers that don't look ghetto. And yes, make it more like the F-150. This is a work truck for me, and my 1st Generation was a lot more durable and more like the truck.

Amen. I loved when the truck based SUV was a truck. (90s Suburbans and gen 1 expeditions). A bit more durable. Overall I agree, better to be closer related to it’s truck roots. I wouldn’t mind a solid rear axle either.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Excursion didn't fit or work back in the early 2000's, what makes you think people want a newer version now.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
The Excursion didn't fit or work back in the early 2000's, what makes you think people want a newer version now.

Thats because it was a time where all the SUV's were gas guzzling pigs. Also keep in mind this was right around the time gas prices started to really rise and no one had any idea where they would stop. With how efficient the new powertrain's are they'd be crazy not to bring them back.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lots of people loved the Excursions, my aunt had two. I do too, 3/4 ton capability in an SUV. It was truly the KING of the SUV world. There is a company now that will convert an F-250 into a modern day excursion, cool stuff!