What aftermarket parts do you wish were made for your Expy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went to 1A Auto's site. They do not seem to have any mirrors listed for a 2017 Expedition EL XLT. Do you know what F150 mirror will fit my 2017 Expedition?

None of the F150 mirrors will fit

However...ANY mirror for ANY 03-17 expedition or navigator is interchangeable. Wiring or features may vary, but it will fit.

Including, yes, the 1A tow mirrors.

Iiirc correctly 1A's site just aint updated and was written before the year 2017

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A true lift kit by a top tier company like Icon or Fox.
No strut spacers or anything by folks like Rancho Skyjacker.

I’d settle for stock shock replacements from Fox, Icon, or Bilstien.

Rock sliders with steps would be nice as well.

Dash kit and an idatalink maestro for aftermarket head units.

Bilstein makes shocks for the Expedition.

If you're adventurous, you could certainly make some Fox or King shocks work. Heck, if you figure out a solution, post it up so the rest of the community benefits.

As for rock sliders, creativity, skill, and a welder can go a long way. Failing that, it's a problem that can be solved by throwing money at it. Find a competent fabricator and you're golden. These truck are pretty heavy so I wouldn't necessarily trust a bolt-on slider solution anyway.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bilstein makes shocks for the Expedition.

If you're adventurous, you could certainly make some Fox or King shocks work. Heck, if you figure out a solution, post it up so the rest of the community benefits.

As for rock sliders, creativity, skill, and a welder can go a long way. Failing that, it's a problem that can be solved by throwing money at it. Find a competent fabricator and you're golden. These truck are pretty heavy so I wouldn't necessarily trust a bolt-on slider solution anyway.

If you could kindly point me to the direction of the proper Bilstein part numbers that would be appreciated. I have searched high and low and come up with nothing.
Even Bilstein's own site says there is no such product.
https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/prod...39168719495860&SubModelId=1975270819436518248

Hopefully next year we'll be buying a 2nd Expedition as my wife now likes this much more than her Highlander. Then I'll be able to have it down for awhile and get adventurous. As for now it is the only kiddo mover we have.

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you could kindly point me to the direction of the proper Bilstein part numbers that would be appreciated. I have searched high and low and come up with nothing.
Even Bilstein's own site says there is no such product.
https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/prod...39168719495860&SubModelId=1975270819436518248

Hopefully next year we'll be buying a 2nd Expedition as my wife now likes this much more than her Highlander. Then I'll be able to have it down for awhile and get adventurous. As for now it is the only kiddo mover we have.

Ahh, 2016. They make 'em for the older 3rd gens.

Series: B6 4600
Part Number: 24-197717
Part Number: 24-197724

Swapping out on your truck would mean losing the adaptive dampening and self-leveling. I didn't realize the tech had progressed so much over the past several years.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ahh, 2016. They make 'em for the older 3rd gens.

Series: B6 4600
Part Number: 24-197717
Part Number: 24-197724

Swapping out on your truck would mean losing the adaptive dampening and self-leveling. I didn't realize the tech had progressed so much over the past several years.

To which I have neither.
So the mounting points are the same?
Comparing part numbers for Monroe and KYB on shockwarehouse they list different part numbers between the 13s and 16s. I am presuming something changes aside from just the part number.

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Monroes are good shit for city and highway

Mounting points are different on bottom for 07-13 and 14-17 (not an error, the change is NOT from same year as facelift and ecoboost)