What else can I try before having to buy a new GEM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UnmechanicGirl

Reaction score
3 days ago, we had a 2 day rain here in Georgia. I did my normal routine, dropped the kids off and went to work. After work, I got in my car, noticed a puddle on the driver's floor mat and thought, I don't think my shoes were that wet this morning. Then my car was dead. Someone jumped me, it started right up. I proceeded to get a new battery, started up with no problem, however, now, the radio goes in and out, even without keys in ignition, the wipers aren't working in drive, and the car randomly tries to start, even though the engine is already running. The fuses seem to be fine inside the car, but I haven't checked the relays inside. I am trying to open the fuse box under the hood, but I have girl strength. Lol. I am pretty good at figuring these things out, but I need help with this one. I have read the forums regarding the gem module and believe this is my issue, but I'm trying to confirm and also trying to save money because I don't have it. This is the only car I ha e and I literally just got it in December so this is hurting my feelings. Please someone give me some easy instructions to follow or an easier way to fix this without having to figure out how to change the gem. I believe it's drying out a bit as today, I didn't have the starter engage issue, but the radio was on this morning and the car was off and the windshield wipers are still acting weird.

OP
OP
U

UnmechanicGirl

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm finding that every sunny day that passes, something improves. Ie, now the radio is working fine.

astro110

Reaction score
Had some of the same issues. First thing get your windshield sealed. The problem is either your fuse box or your gem. On my Expy it was the gem. When you remove the fuse box the gem is attached to it. It takes approx. 30 minutes to remove.