what else should i do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

legendary70

Reaction score
hello.

my 2013 expy has 215000 miles on it. everything is running great (knock on wood). I changed out the spark plugs. changed the oil. changed out the antifreeze about 5 months ago. what else should i do to it?

i ask because my wife will be taking it to another town which is 4 hours away. she will be staying there for a while. she plans to drive back and forth at least once a month or maybe every two months.

thx

Plati

Reaction score
does that year have replaceable fuel filter?
air filter
tire pressure
quick look at wiper blades

Last edited:

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check wiper blades, su.mer is brutal on them. Washer fluid, clean the interior windows for her, nothing worse than along drive with smudges/fingerprints. Spare tire, drop it and make sure it's good, no leaks and aired up. I overlook this myself sometimes and it almost got me right before leaving on a trip last year. I found a small leak on their of the rim minutes before pulling out of the driveway. I got to unload the car to lower it down and get another swapped.

Perhaps slip a reassuring note in the manual or service log if you keep one in the vehicle so if she ever needs to reference it for an issue you can let her know about any particular quirks or common failures that could happen and such. Just seeing your writing alone would probably ease her mind should something occur.

Throw some favorite snacks and air freshener in there couldn't hurt. Familiar things are nice when you're away.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you don't have it already, a AAA membership for all the drivers in your house. It's cheap insurance and comes in handy.
Check all the lights work. AC freon good. Tires balanced and in good shape.

OP
OP
legendary70

legendary70

Reaction score
thank u all. I have had aaa for about a year. came in handy once. my wife is one of my members. will taking truck in to get tires rotated and balanced. thx

SEPTIC PROFESSOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
air filters must be changed every year or else the engine will explode and kill everyone in a 2-mile radius.

Reaction score
Buddy, check the braking system. if you find any issues of concern and wish to keep your wife, address these issues before she leaves, otherwise you leave it alone, or can manipulate a wire or two.. ;-). Sorry, had to!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluesharktooth26