What kind of Spare did Ford Give You?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drew47000000

Reaction score
You should have seen the look on my face when I crawled under our Expo today. We have a 202A XLT that came with the 20" Rims with Toyo tires. To my surprise there was a 17" steel wheel with Goodyear Wrangler tire.

Did someone pull a fast one and swap it w/o me knowing or is this standard fare?

My Raptor came with a matching full size Rim and Tire. I guess I was expecting them to atleast match the tire size and brand and maybe with a steel 20" rim?

Anywho, looking forward to seeing what you have.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A spare is just that... If you want to rotate the 5th wheel into the mix, you'll need to buy another aluminum wheel with a matching tire. Guys that live in the salt belt have not had good success keeping an aluminum wheel looking nice under the vehicle, so I just keep my steel wheel with spare and don't rotate the spare with the other tires.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They matched the diameter that is all that matters.
Smaller steel wheel is cheaper than an larger aluminum wheel. You’re hard pressed to get a matching spare on anything these days let alone a spare at all.
Many just give you a tube of goo.

But to answer your question my ‘16 came with 18” wheels and a 17” steel spare.