what price did you pay for your expy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clok1966

Reaction score
$1000 150,000 miles 98 XLT, has new tires and ding in front passneger corner (needs headlight assembly, fender, grill (if i want to fix right) and piece over top of bumper. I must add its considered salvage as the bill to fix it at a body shop was almost $3000 and insuracne book was only $3000 ... sad what a few bolt on parts and paint is nowdays.. GM guy , be my 3rd Ford... and have no harsh words for um (all have been just fine)... would prefer a GM but i never find good deals.. and when it comes to cars made in the last 20 years i could give a crap less who made it.. they all look like rounded off turds to me now. been planning on a tune up but all the plug stories are scaring me off.. 150,000 and its still got the original plug wires, and my guess plugs.

kgreenjinx

Reaction score
2003 XLT leather 5.4, towing package, new air bags, new susp. compressor, in perfect shape except for a crack in windshield. $7000 private party last week with 93000 miles. oh and dont forget the extra $800 the state of Kansas gets for the sales tax and plates.

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
oh and dont forget the extra $800 the state of Kansas gets for the sales tax and plates.
Better than here in Quebec: i paid 8% provincial sales tx on the 15k price and I would have also paid the 5% federal tax if I had bought from a dealer and not a private party.
On top of that registration costs me $300 a year, $80 of it being a "luxury tax" because the engine is over 4 Liters.
If I were living in the city they would also charged me $60 more a year for public transit improvement. Yeah, you heard that right, they charge drivers, most of whom don't even use public transit ...
Add that to the $5+ per gallon gas price and you see why there aren't a lot of us Canadians on this Expedition forum :)

Last edited:

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Better than here in Quebec: i paid 8% provincial sales tx on the 15k price and I would have also paid the 5% federal tax if I had bought from a dealer and not a private party.
On top of that registration costs me $300 a year, $80 of it being a "luxury tax" because the engine is over 4 Liters.
If I were living in the city they would also charged me $60 more a year for public transit improvement. Yeah, you heard that right, they charge drivers, most of whom don't even use public transit ...
Add that to the $5+ per gallon gas price and you see why there aren't a lot of us Canadians on this Expedition forum :)

This country's right on your heels! Now apparently we don't want your oil. It would slow down the "movement'. Hopefully people will wake up and get serious about changing the direction next time around...

Edwindo

Reaction score
New expy owner, and new to the forum. We bought an 03 XLT 4x4, one-owner, 76k miles. Had nearly every darn option you could get on an XLT except a block heater and traction control. Has leather, factory dvd, power seats. Traded a 1994 Ford Explorer in, and walked out the door, taxes and dealer fees included, for $11,000.

Walk03XLT

Reaction score
2003 XLT FX4 bought in 2008 w/ 60k...pretty standard XLT options...paid $10,500. Few minor tweaks since then, spent maybe $1500 on it since and that includes craigslist wheels and a new set of tires. Love it every time I get in the damn thing.

02expi

Reaction score
Well I bought my 02 xlt 4x4 last month with a bad motor for $1464.00. Found a 39k motor and installed it last week,(what a job) It runs great we really like it. The body and tires etc are in great shape. Interior is a little crusty but nothing a little cleaner and elbow grease won't take care of.It was a Nevada truck so very clean underneath that means NO RUST.

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
08 Eddie Bauer with 58K on the clock for $24,000. That price also included 4 year 48K mile Premium ESP.

Bought at a Chevy dealer. I had dealer run an Oaisis report before even walking in the door. (Dealership chain also owns a Ford store.)

Truck has had a few small issues, but all have been taken care of under warranty. Wife loves the truck and so do the three dogs we have.