What rear differential do I have

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n.shift

Reaction score
i have a 2001 rwd Eddie Bauer Ford Expedition. 113k miles with ruble sound when accelerating from a stop and turning left or right. No rumble strip sound when going straight. I read where it could be the limited slip differential. My door jam sticker is missing. But I have the toe tag off the differential. Here is a few pictures. Can anyone tell me what rear end is in my rig? Ty in advance

IMG_2193.JPG

IMG_2194.JPG

IMG_2195.JPG

IMG_2190.JPG

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Look at the bottom of that page, there are a lot more codes included, start with first 4 letters on your tag,

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
go to ford etis and enter in your vin number you will get a read out of what was on the expy when built

OP
OP
N

n.shift

Reaction score
S939-P Expedition 00-01 14mm wheel bolts 3.55 gearing, 9.75 Limited slip.

so this leads me to me next question. when I accelerate from a dead stop and turn left or right, I get a rumble strip sounding noise. If I accelerate from a dead stop and go straight, I get no noise. Sounds like coming from rear diff. but Im not positive. do you guys think this is the LSD noise that people have been curing with change in rear diff fluid and friction modifier?