What shocks do you have

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trophyman

Reaction score
2000 AWD Eddie Bauer with 51,000 on the clock. Been stored for 8 years, now returning to service. I need to replace the shocks and would like to know what you guys are running. NO off road, mostly highway driving. Like a lot of control, cant stand the bouncing.

Attachments

• right-side3.jpg
    right-side3.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 43
  • dash1.jpg
    dash1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 40

Bigmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi!
Very nice and actual question, especially for the Russians:))
My story is:
Once considered to change original shocks on 90K Miles andinstalled Original Motorcraft. Result - convinced to death in 1,5 year. Very, very soft for this car I would say. I was advised to install Kayaba Mono Max as one of the strongest for this car, result you can see here:
http://www.ford-trucks-club.ru/showthread.php?t=30898
(sorry for Russian language, but the picture explains itself). Finally, on our local market we have found our local producer, who makes shocks for Russian light commercial trucks. The result and the price is fantastic!
Каталог
The only thing you need is to exchange internal ring (fixing whole) frome original to Weber (the name of Russian absorbers).
But, there is steel question about front shoks, as those that I have told you, fits onlly to the rear axle.
To the front I consider to install Rancho RS5000.
What do you think?

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Generally cheaper shocks will be more bouncy. I would agree that rancho shocks will give you a more controlled ride, also check Bilstein.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a full set of bilstein 4600 shocks, that are take offs from my 2000 Eddie Bauer. They are less than 1 month old. Also have a set of motorcraft front shocks. Even newer. Send me a pm if interested, Moose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is cheaper, because of the ome made. The idea is that they are designed for the much more payload (constructed for the light commercial vehicles, not for Expys) which makes them much more ridged.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

trophyman

Reaction score
Hi!
Very nice and actual question, especially for the Russians:))
My story is:
Once considered to change original shocks on 90K Miles andinstalled Original Motorcraft. Result - convinced to death in 1,5 year. Very, very soft for this car I would say. I was advised to install Kayaba Mono Max as one of the strongest for this car, result you can see here:
http://www.ford-trucks-club.ru/showthread.php?t=30898
(sorry for Russian language, but the picture explains itself). Finally, on our local market we have found our local producer, who makes shocks for Russian light commercial trucks. The result and the price is fantastic!
Каталог
The only thing you need is to exchange internal ring (fixing whole) frome original to Weber (the name of Russian absorbers).
But, there is steel question about front shoks, as those that I have told you, fits onlly to the rear axle.
To the front I consider to install Rancho RS5000.
What do you think?

Thanks for the reply Bigmac. I haven't had great success with Rancho so I went with the Bilstein. Pretty sure they will do the job. Is your truck 4wd/AWD ??

Bigmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good choice. But anyway, check for Kayaba MonoMax. I think, they could do the job too.
My friend's experience is not the show case, I think.
Just 4x4. Not full time, of course.

Last edited: