what size are stock exhaust pipes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hard_Liquor

Reaction score
I want to swap out my stock muffler with an aftermarket one that has a nice growl. Just doing muffler and not entire cat back. What size inlet/outlet do I need on the muffler to make the swap with the existing pipes?

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
uh im no mechanic but, it be nice to know what year expy you have to start with? maybe the size varies depending on the year of the truck

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the one I swapped into mine:
SNV34001.jpg
Magnaflow 5X8X18, 2.5 center, 2.5 offset

This is for an 03, 4.6L, though I'd assume it's the same size for all the years.

Installed:
SNV34006.jpg

bdvinc02exp

Reaction score
Not sure what year you have but I have a 2002 with 4.6. I have recently removed the 2 small cats and gutted the 2 large cats and installed the 40 series flowmaster. 2.5" in center to 2.5" out offset. This thing truly sounds amazing.

CTC B4Z

Reaction score
to my knowledge, no one has ever put a ****** Aerochamber on one of these trucks...I have one on my IROC and thats what I'm putting on my truck very soon

XLTman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i believe its 2.5 to be sure take a tape measure to the tail pipe to really know what size yours is