What would you like me to measure before, during, and after bolt-ons and tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

gtr09

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh wow, that's absurd. Mine was whistle clean inside.

Here are Adam's (ZFG) comments on the AMS inlets. It's almost impossible to find hard evidence about real world gains on mods for this car since the ECU is torque/target based. (Not sure of the correct wording). If you put a mod that gains HP you might see some gains for a bit, till the ECU learns about it then it will just tune out the gains to get back to the ECU target. Same if you put something that loses a few HP, it will change parameters to get back to the target (if it can). The only way to see gains is to have a tuner read the logs and adjust to the better targets that are now safely possible by the mod. But this all depends on the tuner - what if they don't know how to efficiently get the most out of any given mod. Or they adjust something that references something else and it's better, but not due to the mod, just better turning that they previously left on the table.

There's no point to any mod (besides sound and temperature related like an intercooler or thermostat) without tuning for it on these cars, unfortunately.

I had issues with ZFG not getting back to me, but they've hired a new person to handle communications and in the last 2 weeks it's been stellar. As far as tuning it's clear to me Adam is the best and understands Ecoboost tuning philosophy as good or better than anyone at this point. Also to be clear it was only email and text communications I had issues with, when I submitted my base ECU and the subsequent logs the response back with new tunes was either next day or day after, no delays there at all.

bmxandfmx

Reaction score
Glad to hear it’s improving. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt because I know how busy I can get and I’m not running my own business. As long as they stand behind their stuff I’m happy with a wait. I was looking at 5Star till I heard the horror stories on here and knowing ZFG is just so much better for the platform helps too.
Thanks again for all the help and info. I’ll keep you posted as more comes in.