Wheel Bearing Issue...but Id Like a 2nd Opintion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonhall

Reaction score
When driving, you hear a roaring sound and maybe a slight vibration, especially around 55+ mph. When you barely turn the wheel to the right, it goes away. The sound appears to be coming from passenger wheel. Sound like a front passenger wheel bearing going bad?

Asim

Reaction score
When driving, you hear a roaring sound and maybe a slight vibration, especially around 55+ mph. When you barely turn the wheel to the right, it goes away. The sound appears to be coming from passenger wheel. Sound like a front passenger wheel bearing going bad?

Dear first replace front wheels with rear and then observe , is same then for sure bearings have noise.
thanks Asim

Asim

Reaction score
Dear All can any one help me to get Ford expedition 2003 original roof mount DVD audio and video connections with its original 6 cd changer. thanks Asim

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with Asim. It could be the tires, so rotate the rears to the front. If it's still there, then I would say the bearings are bad. Worst case would be the transfer case, but bearings are more likely.

KC Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it is a 4WD model, you can get on a straight road and try it with the 4WD on and Off. It the pitch changes when in 4WD, which causes the bearing to pus over to a different area in the circle, then you likely have a bad bearing. My old Explorer did this and I ended up replacing the hub bearing.

ericnyce

Reaction score
Raise front end in 2wd and rotate tire. Check to see if half shaft or front driveshaft is rotating. I changed every bearing only to realize that my hub actuator is the culprit.

Russtang

Reaction score
Raise front end in 2wd and rotate tire. Check to see if half shaft or front driveshaft is rotating. I changed every bearing only to realize that my hub actuator is the culprit.

And make sure there is vacuum at the actuator (vehicle running). On mine, the actuator will bleed off vacuum over time.

colemanwhite123

Reaction score
For the Expediation I replaced both hubs last night and so far it sounds great. However, I'm not 100% convinced that this was the problem. I wouldn't be surprised if I found out later I had a U-Joint going bad, a CV joint on death's door, or the left side wheel bearing in the axle tube singing the blues