wheel hub assembly bkew apart

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sk8blind345

Reaction score
So I thought I was gonna save some money on fuel an take out my front trans axels on my 2000Expodition an disable the a4x4 an made it about 5 miles and my front wheel al,most fell off... My boss from work (ford tech) said it be fine well aperently not. Dose anyone know if the half shaft is really that struckturaly important to the front wheel hub bearings or could it just have been a flook thing?

OP
OP
S

sk8blind345

Reaction score
Well that would explained my issues then . well looks like I'll be doing wheel hubs than lol. Many I'll just take out the #104 fuse in the engen bay this time.

05expedeb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expensive way to try and save on fuel expenses. You may have been better off to remove the front drive shaft

OP
OP
S

sk8blind345

Reaction score
Yea that will. What I ended up doing until installing a switch that will cut power to the transfer case motor. I un plugged the harness at the transfer case and filled them with dielectric grease to keep it safe. But you can pull the #104 fuse in the engine bay that will disable your all wheal 4x4.