wheelbearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexhozee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi,

In the ownersmanual of haynes they are talking about greasing the front wheelbearings on a 2 wheeldrive.
Is this really necessary and has anyone done this allready?

On my '98 expy it's not that easy because the brakediscs are very hard to get off, think because of the rust they are stuc at the hub.

Alex

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i thought the same thing, no need to grease. quick question though...why do you have to leave your expy in 2 years?

OP
OP
A

alexhozee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I work for the netherlands Navy at Curacao.
I'm only stationed here for 3 years so after that I will be back in the Netherlands again or an other country.

I love my Expy but you have to be a billionair to drive one in the Netherlands.
quick calculating:
1 Liter gas = $1,98 ( not 1 gallon but 1 liter )
roadtax = $250,- per month
Not to speak of the insurance here.

And not to forget the SLURPtax, a heavy tax they want to begin with for cars and suv's that uses a lot of gas.
When youn are a normal workmen and wanna drive a car that is not taking your budget every month you can drive a small car like a yaris, c1 or something like that.

I'm thinking to build the car ready for G3 gas, don't believe there are cars in the US that drive on it.
Maybe that's an option.

Quick question, long answer sorry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmdunham2