Wheels seem to be stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jered22

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok so I recently tried to rotate my tires. I took off all the lug nuts on the drivers front side tire. When I went to pull it off the tire/rim would not budge. I first thought maybe one of the posts were bent but they are not they are all perfectly straight. I mean this thing would not move a CM. Is there a trick to getting the tires off or are they just "rusted" on? Hard to believe since my truck is not that old. HOW DO I GET THE DAMN THINGS OFF...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
should come off...take a rubber mallet and knock around it to see it if breaks loose...WD40?

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are probably alloy wheels. I have this problem with my dad's 04 but not my truck cause mine are steel. Turn around backwards, and give your best impression of a ******* (donkey) kick on that tire. It'll come loose. Just really make sure you have a couple stands under there, im always worried kicking it like that will knock the truck off the stand. Never happened to me, but it doesnt hurt to be safe. Hope that helps

OP
OP
J

jered22

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes they are alloys... Tried removing the center Ford cap and spraying WD-40 and it still won't budge. What am I supposed to do if I blow a tire on the side of the Interstate? Gonna have to pay to have them rotated now they won't move....

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your brave enough to try this, set the truck down on the tire without the lug nuts on and turn the wheel all the way in each direction. The friction from the ground along with the lug nuts removed should be enough to break it loose. Just make sure you have the jack raised up not supporting any weight under the frame and locked so it wont sink incase it shifts a little.

Notmyidi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wd 40

Let it sit
Then get a sledge hammer and hit the tire....then rotatate it and hit again only hit on the bottom

Happens on big rigs all the time

sent from my mind via telepathy

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhrrington