Where are these relays located?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

GaExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally had time to check the door lock relays yesterday, but unfortunately they were not the problem. Going to replace the two front lock actuators next as they seem to be the ones not operating with the most consistency. I did however snap a few pics to post in case someone needs to know where they are. Again, this is on a 2000EB model.

Pic #1 is of the oval dash piece that needs to be snapped up to get to them. (marked with a red X). Pretty straight forward removal. Find a point that you can insert your fingers into, slide them to one side where it gets tight, and give a gentle tug upward. Once you get one of them loose they get easier to snap up. After it was all the way unsnapped, I found it easier to move it out of my way by removing the electrical connector going to the photocell for the automatic head lights (circled in yellow).

Pic #2 is with the dash piece removed. Circled in yellow on the right hand side is NOT the relay block your looking for. I had the cover off in the pic so I could touch them with my fingers to feel for the "click" while my son pressed the door lock button. Thats when I realized I had not found the correct relays. The door lock relay block is circled in orange. To get to it, take a 7mm nut driver and remove the 5 screws holding the metal bracket in place, and unplug the electrical connection just below the orange circle. Once the metal bracket is loose, move it around so you can stick a small flat blade screwdriver on the underside of the relay block circled in yellow, and slide it off. Once that is removed you can pull the metal bracket out of your way and have better access to the door lock relay block.

Pic#3 is of the relay block with the metal bracket removed. As you can see, they put a couple wraps of electrical tape around the cover so take a knife to cut through it, and remove it. The cover has a pull tab on both sides, and the left side is a little difficult to get to, but it can be done. Once the cover is off, you will find 3 relays. I had already purchased 3 relays at a local pull a part and had on hand, but if you don't have any, you can use the ones in the other relay block to test with because they all have the same part number.

Attachments

• 4x.jpg
    4x.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 3x.jpg
    3x.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
B