Which brakes and rotor kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thestilt

Reaction score
I've had my 2008 Ford Exp EL XTL for about 10 months now and it's time to replace the front brakes.

Any recommendation on a front brake and rotor kit on rock auto? I'm in Florida so no hills, no towing just the usual mix of city, highway and interstate driving.

Also I'm going to try and do this job myself. Have never changed brakes or rotors but ya gotta start somewhere! Any 100% recommended rools I should have aside from the torque wrench?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
If you're still out there and you haven't bought brakes, go with Motorcraft. They include the hardware which is odd stuff for this year. The outboard pads also have rotating locking clips on them which the Chinese garbage brands leave off.

Make sure you have a 9mm hex socket to remove the calipers. Some replacement kits are 7mm. The OEM is 9 which is a difficult tool size to find.

At this age, I'd replace the caliper pins and plastic housings too... Motorcraft, of course also.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett