Which CAI

Which cold air intake

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love my K&N it gets better mpg if you keep the filter clean and oiled and also spray the MAF with some cleaner and just don't slam the pedal hahaha... the EGR is what heats up the intake manifold and gums it up with shit I think its a really ***** idea but supposedly pumping exhaust back through improves MPG.. It is the cold air intake because the air is cold by the fender instead of a short ram right over the block, the ideal set up is a hood with internal duct work to push icy air at the filter

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love my K&N it gets better mpg if you keep the filter clean and oiled and also spray the MAF with some cleaner and just don't slam the pedal hahaha... the EGR is what heats up the intake manifold and gums it up with shit I think its a really ***** idea but supposedly pumping exhaust back through improves MPG.. It is the cold air intake because the air is cold by the fender instead of a short ram right over the block, the ideal set up is a hood with internal duct work to push icy air at the filter

EGR is simply a way to improve emissions. I don't think it has any bearing on MPG's. That's why most diesel guys just do an EGR delete. All I meant in my original post is that the air that I draw from the fender (Gott's mod) opening is going to be the same temp or colder than an open filter in my engine bay anywhere.

Last edited:

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
EGR is simply a way to improve emissions. I don't think it has any bearing on MPG's. That's why most diesel guys just do an EGR delete. All I meant in my original post is that the air that I draw from the fender (Gott's mod) opening is going to be the same temp or colder than an open filter in my engine bay anywhere.

Its designed to lower combustion temps by introducing inert gas. This does in turn improve emissions. It allows the pcm to increase timing when in use but has little effect on power. It only operates at low loads and throttle so has no real effect on performance.

Last edited:

fPortal

Reaction score
Track Racing on eBay

I went with another company entirely. TrackRacing on eBay.

As long as I keep my foot out of it, I do notice MPG gains.

V91yz3i.jpg

RollinKaos

Reaction score
Does anybody know how any of these CAI compare to the GOTS mod? Sound wise, performance, MPG?

fPortal

Reaction score
Does anybody know how any of these CAI compare to the GOTS mod? Sound wise, performance, MPG?

I ran the GOTS mod for a while, and did not really notice anything.

I do notice a difference in sound, acceleration, and a slight increase in MPG (when I keep my foot out of it).

whowey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Which of those systems use an oiled filter? My vote would be for something else. Oiled filters can lead to big problems. And if you live in a dusty environment, they can be deadly to your engine.

You are seeing 'improved' mileage, because of your driving... not a piece of aluminum pipe.

carlos08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a k&n that I got from cold air intake|4wo. Mpg gain is negligible but I noticed an improvement in throttle response. It sounds good also. This intake is worth installing.

nsperf

Full Access Members
Reaction score
whowey, I am interested in your statement about oiled filters?

I have been running them for decades from motorcycle to 1000+ hp motors and have never seen a problem with them. I have had many discussions on the topic with many people and have as yet been able to find a true conclusion other than personal experience.

My personal experience has never been negative.

I run an oiled style filter on just about everything I own from the f350 tow rig to my v6 supercharged daily driver to my race cars.

Im interested in hearing your experience.

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have run K&Ns on multiple vehicles through the years without a problem and will probably end up with one on the Navi. They only issue I had was a stray piece of cotton inside a filter stuck int he MAF right after install on a Lincoln LS. Took me a while to find it and figure out the issue.

I think most of the issues with oiled filters are if over-oiled they can clog easy and also get oil all over the MAF cause issues.