Which shocks for 50-50% off road/paved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HardTrance9

Reaction score
Hi,

we leave in a little town with lots of dirt roads. I would say 50-50% dirt roads vs. paved roads.

We recently changed our OEM shocks from our Ford Expedition 2000 4WD (permanent, no option for 2WD). We replaced the shocks with some RANCHO shocks in May but seems like they already got worn out so quickly!!

We are desperately looking for what the best option could be for our daily needs... 50% dirt roads and 50% paved so our suspension will last as long as possible... We are not looking for performance suspension kits as these could be to stiff for our kind of roads...

We are wondering if any if you could help us out with this?

We leave in Baja Sur, Mexico, so we are also a little bit limited to brands down here...

We were considering replacing our current awful RANCHO shocks for some MONROE REFLEX because that is what you can get easily down here.. We wanted some BILSTEIN but nobody seems to know where to get the correct part number for our Expedition... :(

Any help would be great!!!

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do not get the monroe flex, they aren't as good as the rancho's so I don't think you'll be happy with them. The Bilsteins are a good shock and have a lifetime warranty.
F4-BE5-2574-H0 Front Bilstein HD $68.14 each Free Shipping
F4-BE5-2575-H0 Rear $60.27 each Free Shipping
Click here for website

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah trust me. i have them on mine. theyre good but they squeek in the rear after about 2 months of having them. since your in mexico and its 50/50 get some fox shocks or king shocks. i know off road. but they would last a while. call them up and they should have direct replacements. if not then i would go bilstein

BROBSTY

Reaction score
ive been looking for shocks and would like to get fox shox but i cant find any for my expy so could i use f150 shocks

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With the internet and most everything being readily available online you shouldn't be limited in your choices but I agree with I like to be able to " touch and feel" before I buy-lol. Although this specific subject has been covered 1000X's before on here and other forums and I will be looking for shocks as soon as I get done my rear end axle bearings, seals, rotors, pads, ebrake shoes, hardware and diff fluid., it is my plan to do all that this weekend. Then I will do the shocks as I had to fab up new rear shock brackets as one of mine were rusted out so I made new ones and will cut the remaining one off and replace both brackets and shocks (I have a thread on it)- I will paint the axle, diff cover and shock brackets with POR-15 and be totally done with the rear and then move to the front