white substance on oil cap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just replaced my alternator 3 weeks ago. Not a real hard project. Took about an hour.

Recommend gingerly-handling w/ the plastic connector plug-in as it tends to be fragile after all those miles & hot/cold syndrome.

Other than that, straight forward as Butch noted.

Stabber

Reaction score
My 02 made a loud whining sound and it turned out to be a bad PCV valve. Start ye motor and touch it and you will know right away. I your not going to drive the truck or any vehicle for that matter its better to not start it and just let it idle. Start it and drive it like you stole it :)

MUSKYMAN52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One of two possibilities as far as the oil cap goes...

Head gasket or cracked head, block leaking coolant into motor. Generally will also look like mikshake on dipstick and have other symptoms as well.

Or you drive frequent short trips and the motor never really gets hot enough for any period of time to remove all the condensation/ moisture from the engine block/oil and it collects on the cap/ filler area.

I have that condensation problem now that it is winter. Am i hurting anything? i only drive my truck to school and but i had the hood off for a month for a custom paint job i did on it without running it as i had it was all tarped up.

215Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have the same issue on my oil cap and in the filler but the dipstick only has oil on it and there is no white smoke from the tail pipe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt