Why do you drive an Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
over the last 10 years we have out grew a few cars and got the expy... i love it but honestly thinking of going to a diesel excursion mainly for fuel mileage... its sad when my superduty is getting 22MPG and the expy is getting 11MPG.. but all in all its very comfy to drive and keeps the kids seperated so they don't kill each other on the long road trips...

DR3W

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pased down a family 2000 4x2 xlt when i got my liscense. A few months ago. Grew up in it & i love everything about it. 3' lift soon.

expo123.jpg

METALLICA

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i needed a bigger ride, i used to drive a mitsubishi pajero but the space ain't enough for me and my fam :)

13mwz

Reaction score
My wife and I got the expedition because we got a hellova deal, it was her favorite shade of blue, I didnt want her driving that little Cobalt anymore and we were planning a family. But when I got my 09 Ram she decided she liked it better.....and for safety reasons (side air bags and traction control) I prefered she drove the truck. So I got stuck with the Expedition. Atleast untill we start poping out kiddos. But by then we'd probably trade in both vehicles for one of the new Tahoes.

Marcelo

Reaction score
Ford Tough

My dad drove Falcons, Grand Torinos, Grand Marquis and Crown Vic's, I learned to drive in them, they were bullet proof always reliable, my first Ford truck was a 78 F150 351 4x4, I'd gone through 3 F250's, 3 F450's and a F550 all work trucks, heavily worked and always reliable turn the key and go, so when my wife got pregnant on 2004 the logical choice was Ford Expedition, safe, big, comfortable, roomy and quiet interior, good looking too in and out, the Eddie Bauer standard list is longer than the standard and options on Chevy, I test drove them all including the Toyos and Nissan but no one knows how to make a truck better than Americans and Ford is the leader. I have 90k on it now and I can't find a reason to replace it, I just came back from a round trip from Orlando to New York and it just felt as tight as in 04. Next truck Ford Expedition, I'll be an idiot otherwise.

Idahokid

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like fords.I have an 1989 f150 with 274,000 on it and its the ranch wagon.I love the room and comfort of the Expedition.I like to ride in style.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its clearly a machine built for a commuting college kid that goes to school in milwaukee!!!! It was handed down and was a beautiful car so i couldn't let some random person beat the crap out of her. I took her and now we are just best pals. I def am loving having an expy over a car because its great in the snow and has plenty of space.

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wanted one since my grandfather had a new '98 xlt in '98.

happened on a great deal from my grandpas company in 2010. could not pass it up! so i bought it. been a fantastic truck!

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Holy thread revival!

Well.... had explorer but was too small for our family trips to the outer banks with all our "stuff" so the natural upgrade was an expedition.

Love the size, comfort, 4wd, towing capacity and the ability to take it to the track when I feel the need. :flamingdevil:

rvm1

Reaction score
We were a Ford family from the beginning. Getting an Expedition was just expected. Haven't found anything that I would prefer to drive, except maybe the new Explorer.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition