Why the heck is this hanging loose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Just a guess. Passenger side airbag, foot well lighting, glove box light. My 2000 XLT has wiring connectors, hanging near running boards. They are for models with the lighted running boards. The XLT did not have them, only the Eddie Bauer. The wire harness must be the same on both models.

Fordalways

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a guess. Passenger side airbag, foot well lighting, glove box light. My 2000 XLT has wiring connectors, hanging near running boards. They are for models with the lighted running boards. The XLT did not have them, only the Eddie Bauer. The wire harness must be the same on both models.

It is less expensive for the manufacturer to have one harness and the unused connectors are tied back out of the way. From what I can see in the photo, this looks like a connector coming out of the HVAC box and likely would plug into the harness somewhere. I guess we're all watching and waiting to see what is discovered.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger