Windshield Washer Fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess I have been put in my place. I am a 'newbie' to being a Ford owner and totally not familiar to some of things about them. I may show some frustration in not knowing what or how is going on but am a tad taken aback by some finding it necessary to belittle me. But I guess there will be the 'good' and the 'bad' about one posting inquiries and hoping for helpful assistance.
Don't take it too hard NorthGeorgia, they only pick on the ones they like. :D Keep asking your questions. That's how we learn, one question at a time.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Well, I guess I have been put in my place. I am a 'newbie' to being a Ford owner and totally not familiar to some of things about them. I may show some frustration in not knowing what or how is going on but am a tad taken aback by some finding it necessary to belittle me. But I guess there will be the 'good' and the 'bad' about one posting inquiries and hoping for helpful assistance.

LoL y r u so uptight about it? I can tell you're a female but damn woman chill out and have a beer with the guys once in a while

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
LoL I see bedrck47 ghosting this thread... here comes trouble!

Screenshot_20171015-194636.png

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NorthGeorgia don't worry about it you asked a question and got an answer people will always poke at you (myself included). Just roll it off your back nobody desires to belittle you. Just kind of how we talk on here.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have always said that The only dumb or stupid question is the one that isn't asked.

With that said your question was neither dumb or stupid.

However I would think that someone your age would know that if the washer fluid light comes on it indicates that you are low on fluid. I would also think that if you added a gallon of fluid and the light still remained on that either it is still low on fluid or the sensor was faulty.

Now in order to fill the tank one must first remove the cap and pour the fluid in and while pouring the fluid in that he would be looking to make sure he didn't overflow the tank.

In your case you did neither (over flow or look)

And then you state the light was still on And that was because you didn't look to see if the tank was completely filled.

Once you added a second gallon of fluid and filled the tank the light went out and you now know that the tank holds at least 2 gallons of fluid.

You may be a newbee to Fords but I would think you have had many years experience with other makes and with their washer systems and indicator lights to know that when you fill a washer tank that you fill it completely till the fluid is at the TOP of the tank.

Again your question was neither dumb or stupid It just the type a question that someone with your years should have known the answer.

Also any complaint that you have with the dealership should have been addressed to them

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score

First off: Welcome to the forum! Congrats on picking up an Expedition!

This situation is not what you think. There is A LOT of ribbing on this site (most car/vehicle, firearm, chainsaw/forestry, sports forums have a large bit of ribbing or “ball-busting”) and none of it should be taken literally or personally.

The offending poster is correct though; there is no such thing as a stupid queation. The preferred (and typically un-written) method for requesting guidance on car/vehicle forums is a systematic approach;

Use personal experience
Read your owners manual
Utilize the search feature
Ask your question(s)

90% of the time someone else has asked the same question, or a very similiar one, in the past and the answer is already readily available. The search for information can literally be done in 30 seconds. Most people (no matter their age/experience/background) do not actually sit down and read the owners manual; I strongly advise you do so. It is a wealth of information especially for a vehicle you are new to or not familiar with. Nothing wrong with requesting a second opinion, just try to ensure you did your due diligence to research/educate yourself prior to lobbing out a question.

No one here is trying to run you off or belittle you. Everyone here learns something new from this site daily, learning is continuous. Most of the members here will literally bend over backwards and go out of their way to provide assistance to others. There are members here who have driven hours out of their way to help with a broke down vehicle, lent out tools across the country to people they have never met, given parts to people who were in a tight spot with no qualms. It is very similiar to a family; we may pick on you but if something bad happens we will be there in a pinch.

NOTE: also read your warranty information and be familiar with it so you can speak intelligently in regards to it.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 21915

The suggestions to read the manual are about as helpful as the manual...

Normally when filling a washer tank Most people fill them all the way to just about where they start to overflow That way they know the tank is full

This is not rocket science.

I can understand the OP's frustration in this matter But it appears to me that he added to his frustration by only adding 1 gallon of washer fluid. It was only after he added a 2nd gallon that the low fluid light went out. MAYBE had he TOTALLY filled the washer tank he would have realized that he solved the problem and not had to ask what to do about his dealer not filling his washer fluid tank.

AS I have stated the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked
However this thread could have been avoided had the OP simply and totally filled the washer fluid tank

Doesn't really matter if one is a newbee to fords on not Its a matter off common sense

The OP's comment

"Well......I've gone back and found out I had not filled the tank after all???? I guess the fluid amount is 2 gallons or more!!!!! I have put in just shy of 2 gallons of fluid and still have not 'topped off' the tank yet???"

Common sense. Why just put in "JUST SHY OF 2 Gallons and still have not topped off the tank"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccky