wireless key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobody

Reaction score
I got me an imported 2022 Expedition, the problem that i am having now is that i have 2 remote keys that with the remote i can open the car and close it, i can wireless turn it on and open the back. i can not how ever open the car by touching the door handle and the car will not start until the remote is in the front cup holder beside the gear. i have changed the batteries and the problem is still there.
have you ever hear about this problem?
i imported the car from Canada to Saudi Arabia, i took the car to Ford dealer and they do not know what is the problem or how to fix it. "buy another key, maybe it will work", that is what they told me.

Attachments

• s-l500.png
    s-l500.png
    328.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How's the battery on the truck? It'll start shutting down the functionality on those things like the proximity sensors when the battery starts going bad. I had them starting to shut down on mine recently and a new battery got them all working again.

OP
OP
N

nobody

Reaction score
How's the battery on the truck? It'll start shutting down the functionality on those things like the proximity sensors when the battery starts going bad. I had them starting to shut down on mine recently and a new battery got them all working again.
Car Battery tested and it is all good.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got me an imported 2022 Expedition, the problem that i am having now is that i have 2 remote keys that with the remote i can open the car and close it, i can wireless turn it on and open the back. i can not how ever open the car by touching the door handle and the car will not start until the remote is in the front cup holder beside the gear. i have changed the batteries and the problem is still there.
have you ever hear about this problem?
i imported the car from Canada to Saudi Arabia, i took the car to Ford dealer and they do not know what is the problem or how to fix it. "buy another key, maybe it will work", that is what they told me.

Have you swapped new batteries in the remotes?
These remotes have a high and low power frequency. The high power is clicking the buttons, it's sending a signal deliberately to perform a function. The low power is similar to an on-going signal transmission the car can pick-up when it's close by. This allows the car to authenticate the key and allows the door handles to unlock or lock the vehicle, same principle works for the in-car starting.
The keys have 2 final "back-up" systems, first is a physical Key so you can get into the vehicle. second is a passive NFC "like" chip. Both require no power to operate. The truck has a location in the center console (close to where you're putting it in the cupholder) where it can read the chip and authenticate to start the vehicle.

Start basic, the core two issues would be:
Truck is not reading the local signal (may be unlikely considering all the other functions do work, buttons, starting, etc. so it is programmed)
The key is not sending the low power signal

OP
OP
N

nobody

Reaction score
Have you swapped new batteries in the remotes?
These remotes have a high and low power frequency. The high power is clicking the buttons, it's sending a signal deliberately to perform a function. The low power is similar to an on-going signal transmission the car can pick-up when it's close by. This allows the car to authenticate the key and allows the door handles to unlock or lock the vehicle, same principle works for the in-car starting.
The keys have 2 final "back-up" systems, first is a physical Key so you can get into the vehicle. second is a passive NFC "like" chip. Both require no power to operate. The truck has a location in the center console (close to where you're putting it in the cupholder) where it can read the chip and authenticate to start the vehicle.

Start basic, the core two issues would be:
Truck is not reading the local signal (may be unlikely considering all the other functions do work, buttons, starting, etc. so it is programmed)
The key is not sending the low power signal
the remote battery's have been changed and the problem is still there.
as for the key is not sending the low power signal, what do you suggest? becouse 2 of the remotes do not work, should i get other 2 keys?

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the remote battery's have been changed and the problem is still there.
as for the key is not sending the low power signal, what do you suggest? becouse 2 of the remotes do not work, should i get other 2 keys?

Start with 1 new key. If that solves the problem you’re set, and know you have to replace them.
If not, the truck is not reading the proximity key.

Deep8174

Reaction score
have you tried the security settings in car? There might be the option to disable proximity unlock. Check manual.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
have you tried the security settings in car? There might be the option to disable proximity unlock. Check manual.
You cannot disable proximity starting of the car with key in your pocket.

Wangle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
“Battery tested good” doesn’t really mean anything. A year and a half ago I had mine checked three times for door handle locks and interior lights not working right or at all. Over 9 days at the dealer doing a deep charge and battery check. It would work for two or three days after I got it back. I suggested and then insisted that the battery needed replaced. They refused to replace it because it “checked good“. (it was still under the 3/36 Warranty) They said they could not replace a battery that did not check bad. So they paid over $300 for a rental car, and I bought an interstate battery at Costco. Problem solved.