wireless key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
“Battery tested good” doesn’t really mean anything. A year and a half ago I had mine checked three times for door handle locks and interior lights not working right or at all. Over 9 days at the dealer doing a deep charge and battery check. It would work for two or three days after I got it back. I suggested and then insisted that the battery needed replaced. They refused to replace it because it “checked good“. (it was still under the 3/36 Warranty) They said they could not replace a battery that did not check bad. So they paid over $300 for a rental car, and I bought an interstate battery at Costco. Problem solved.
Weak batteries on these later models can cause all sorts of malfunctions. For example, my 2021, purchased in March 2021, is rarely used and the battery gets a little weaker. It constantly disables auto start stop, handle auto unlock and more. After I drive for 30 minutes or longer, it all starts working again. My 2019, since the battery is new, does not have these issues yet.