Wiring a 4 pin harness into a 7 pin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok so for my trip this weekend I need to tow a jet ski trailer and it has a 4 pin harness, my expy only has a 7 pin so im connecting a 4 pin to it. can someone give me the color of the wires on the expy that correspond with the 4 ways. the 4way goes as follows

White-Ground
Green-Right turn
Yellow-left turn
Brown-Tail/Park

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just go to walmart and get an adapter from a 7 to a 4 pin... only a couple of bucks and no wiring issues just plug and go

OP
OP
jacks3am

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I already spent the money on this little plug and its hacked up so I can wire it in and I cant spend much more money

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do they not match up? I keep seeing the colors you listed as being the same for the 7 pin.

On mine, I could see a solid yellow,brown, and white wire, which would seem to indicate that they are the same. Doesn't hurt to check with a multimeter before hitching up, though. For ground, I'd just attach it to the frame (make sure to clean the area).

OP
OP
jacks3am

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you guys know which wires are which on the 7 pin? like which colors go with which function? I know for a fact that white is the ground

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
white is ground, yellow is left, green is right, brown is running light. if i remember correctly i've wired more 7 way plugs then i could care to discuss!

i just bought a $6 adapter at Lowes works great and no wiring.

OP
OP
jacks3am

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wish I bought the adapter but I already cut up the 4 way so I cant return it lol

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I bought the adapter, the hell with hacking up my wiring, which later on down the road can corrode and cause issues, I know I am of no help, but just giving you what can occur.

OP
OP
jacks3am

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
screw it im electrical taping it up and im just gonna buy one, suck to be out 7 dollars when you need the money for the weekend!