you know you drive a ford expedition when...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My friend has an 01 Expy XLT, I think we've fit like 15 one time. We skipped school that day. Ahhh good times.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
You know you drive a ford expedition when... Every time you walk in to Auto Zone, the guy behind the counter says "another coil pack Tony?"

I almost feel like Norm from Cheers.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
panda you got an old cj7 post pics

its not mine. it my dads. there should be a pic in my album. just one. i have others some where else. 1979 cj7 with the amc 304. the carb is JUNK! 2 barrel and we dont think the thermostat works right. but she gets the job done in the desert. just have to let her warm up for about 30 mins before we leave in the jeeps for the day. haha all original paint and only 1 dent on the rear right panel. my dad backed into a pole. haha i tell people it was a tree when we slid off a rock. haa

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You know you drive a ford expedition when... Every time you walk in to Auto Zone, the guy behind the counter says "another coil pack Tony?"

I almost feel like Norm from Cheers.

Ha Ha, hell yeah.

I always get, I bet you hate the gas mileage on that beast, I just don't even look at gas pump prices any more. We all got to have that liquid gold to get where we are going, so screw it. Funny how it really does not matter if I drive it like I stole it, or drive it like a grandpa, I still get 10.5 and 12.5.

markanthony

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So. I get 14 mpg with mine. Whats so good with mine. I have fit nine in mine so far.
All I have done with it is replaced all the coil packs with acell performance cop.

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So. I get 14 mpg with mine. Whats so good with mine. I have fit nine in mine so far.
All I have done with it is replaced all the coil packs with acell performance cop.

Is yours stock height, lifted and does it have over sized tires? I am just wanting to see where I am at compared to others as far as gas mileage, even rolling with 35s I think I am doing ok for mileage.

99ebexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im all stock and i cant get past 9mpg but i think i need spark plugs ive never changed them and i dont think the people before me has either.

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im all stock and i cant get past 9mpg but i think i need spark plugs ive never changed them and i dont think the people before me has either.

Thats not cool at all bro, even when I first got my X back in Aug, with the speedo wrong and all the vacuum hoses collapsed with old plugs I was still getting 10 average, which is not good at all, but it ain terrible considering, If I use my economy tune with the SCT and cruise at 70 I can get 15.5 mpg.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
You know you own an Expedition when it's already the biggest thing on the road, other than a school bus, and you still want to make it bigger!!!!!