you know you drive a ford expedition when...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rick chitown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think this turned into a MPG thread... I get less than 13 w/my 2010... Pretty much blows. But, here's my take on "you know you drive an Expedition when..." I notice every other Expy on the road and if it's clean or not. Sorry, my OCD at work.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Here's another.... You know you own an Expy when you have to drive past the other Expedition driving down the road just to make sure he sees how much bigger and cooler yours is than his. ( Also works in parking lots. I always have to park next to another Expedition just to make them jealous)

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
As much as I hate to admit it, I will park next to a stock one for the same reason, even if there is a space open closer to the store.

OP
OP
T

treycool94

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you know you drive an expy when the people in there jeeps stare in awe when you did what they just did

99ebexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
have you ever noticed when u buy a new car u notice ur car everywhere. more then u did before. and bout my spark plugs im going to change them when i get a better weekend its been a$$ kicking cold and snowy. and im a lil scared when i put new ones in i dont want them to shoot out. but its gotta be done.

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
have you ever noticed when u buy a new car u notice ur car everywhere. more then u did before. and bout my spark plugs im going to change them when i get a better weekend its been a$$ kicking cold and snowy. and im a lil scared when i put new ones in i dont want them to shoot out. but its gotta be done.

Get a good torque wrench, I like the clicker kind myself, I torqued mine to 13 foot lbs, and after 15k miles, so far so good, I was told that was the key, also make sure to use anti seize on the threads, and the slick stuff on the boots/CoPs.

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's another.... You know you own an Expy when you have to drive past the other Expedition driving down the road just to make sure he sees how much bigger and cooler yours is than his. ( Also works in parking lots. I always have to park next to another Expedition just to make them jealous)

Sadly, thats me too..... It is funny that the jeep thing was mentioned, I had a few kids in a jeep at a light, they got me to roll down my window and they said they were jealous and the big ole X was bad ass, I love it. They did need a bigger jeep.:D

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score

i do the samething! Especially if it's one that is the same color! There's another guy at school that drives his parents expy sometimes, it's the same color as mine, I ALWAYS park next to him when he brings it.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score

when ever i drove my moms ex... this one, to school i was the biggest thing there other then a janitors f350. i would always park next to the next biggest car in auto shop....

oooooooo i got another one. when your scared to walk under it when its on the lift even when theres jack stands. sooo scary! haha

and i want mine bigger. some times big lifted diesels drive by me and im sad. :( haha