ZAK C500 Engine Oil Booster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael A

Reaction score
Got an oil change on my 2019 Expedition Platinum @20,000 miles. Got home, studied the invoice and noticed they put an additive in (ZAK C500 Engine Oil Booster @ $12.53)) with a full synthetic oil change. Called the service advisor and he stated it is supplied by Ford. They also added a AC160 Bio Treatment for $4.13. He said that was for cleaning the steering wheel, door, etc due to Covid. Anyway, I thought auto manufacturers do not recommend additives. I'd like to check with someone from FMC on this additive. Comments please on who I might direct my inquiry to? Thank you in advance. MichaelA

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Show him the prohibition in the manual and ask him to provide proof that it is a recommendation from Ford.
Below is a screen shot of from the 2019 manual page 334. 8B7D4E8A-BF2A-416F-A5C3-19E220DCD3DC.jpeg

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tell him you didn't authorize and it and to refund the money. They're just trying to earn an extra buck. They'll refund you just to avoid ******* you off.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And get a refund on the Bio clean charge....it's the cost of doing business during COVID. It was probably just a quick wipe with one sheet of paper towel and a dab of rubbing alcohol.