05 Expedition remove running boards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMW468

Reaction score
My 05 Expedition has factory running boards. I've NEVER liked running boards on any type of truck.

I'd like to remove them and I'm trying to decide between either a tubular nerf bar set up or just nothing at all.

Anybody got pics of their Expedition without factory running boards or with a tubular nerf bar set up?

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My current 2006 with tubulars and my old 2003 with none at all... Keep in mind both are lifted about 3 inches...

28fe174801c581323ff0926bcf045687.jpg
f5d42d5d261e4737cbd06b052f3e975d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but Gruz, what headlights are on the '06? They look good without the orange reflectors on the corners.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but Gruz, what headlights are on the '06? They look good without the orange reflectors on the corners.

Apologize as well for thread jacking... but I got them from a seller on amazon, seller is called "Auto Dynasty" they were the last set they had with clear markers as my buddy in Ohio got the set before me lol

I'll attach a link so maybe you could contact the seller and see if they can get another set?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EP7NCJE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They required a little adjusting and modifying to make sure they'll hold up very well to water etc. but I like them a lot so far very nice lights and they look super clean with cleared markers.

Edit: I originally tried to get them on eBay but seller said they were out of stock and they sent me a set with orange markers which I decided to return.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GMW468

GMW468

Reaction score
I like the look of no running boards and those smaller tubular nerf bars. I'm on vacation this week at the Jersey Shore and I've bumped my leg on these damn running boards several times. When I get home on Saturday the first thing I'm doing after we unpack is to remove these ugly running boards!

carlos08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the tubular steps. They look aggressive and don't hang too low.