05 idling rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan B

Reaction score
Bought a 2005 5.4 3v Exp. It started up and I drove home about 20 miles all highway. Died when I got off, started back up and drove a block home, died when I pulled in the driveway. Drove it 20 miles the next day all highway and it died again when I got off but this time it wouldn't start. Waited 8 hours and it started and drove almost home. Had a code for something with the timing so I replaced cam phazers, chain, tensioners, guides, and vct solenoids. And one of the cams was worn because a roller went out, so I replaced it. Started it up and it runs the exact same at an idle, won't drive as far though. Still a timing code. Idk what it could be. I can start it and rev it but after a couple or so minutes it dies and won't start. But hours later I get in and it fires right up and idles like crap.

outdare

Reaction score
I had a MAF sensor go bad that didn't throw a code. My Expedition ran similar as yours. Try unplugging the MAF and see if it helps. Sorry didn't see you still had a timing code. Disregard.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

hemipossum

Reaction score
My 06 is going some of the same thing. Replaced the same as you minus the cam and still have the problem. Mine shows the the P0012 code still. Would love any input from others on this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

hemipossum

Reaction score
I have not looked it up to see where the fuel pressure is supposed to be but it's running around 40 psi

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett