06 rear blower won’t cut off with ignition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds good ! It was a pretty easy fix afterall, and you didn't have to jerry rig your wiring !
I just had an issue with mine blowing coolant out of the reservoir and coincidently got a P0303 and P0316 code.
I thought "ah geez, a head gasket..." I got lucky, it was a bad fuel injector, and a fatigued reservoir cap.
So, if your cap is over ten years old don't be surprised if it's time for a new one. Bosch fuel injectors are made in USA and only about $20 over at Rock Auto.

OP
OP
R

Roindhouse

Reaction score
Hopefully the used control I got at the junkyard will last a while.

thanks for the help.
This is my second expy,
Got the first one a few years ago cheap on eBay.
The auction ending on thanksgiving day kept the price down.

this one is more rusty than I thought ,
So we may sell it and get something else.
I recently saw a nice 69 four door Thunderbird that would make a good highway cruiser....

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, you're good with the metal ! They must've gotten some salt water or something up there on the shelf. It'll run down the windshield and dump right there. Oh well, good repair ! Just spray paint it all black and it'll look like it came that way.

OP
OP
R

Roindhouse

Reaction score
My son did the metal work
This expy was parked next to the ocean in Florida for 15 years
The owner lives in a beachfront condo
It had some rust repair done while under the factory corrosion warranty

The seller had pictures of the previous repairs.
The car was cheap, with low miles , we will beat on it for a couple of years and sell it
It’s perfect for taking to the hunting camp etc
Not much I can do to it to hurt the value

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, the corrosion problem is bad enough even when they're not parked a block from the ocean. I think Ford has abandoned their galvanized metal use on their vehicles now. If it's not poorly treated aluminum, it's coke can thick pot metal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69