1/4 mile times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it can be done but how much gas milage and driveabilty do you want to give up i mean look at a ford lightning it runs low 13s

Silver Ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
5 MPG in town and under 10 on the highway? I know our rigs aren't fuel economy champs, but DAMN! My unmodded '98 XLT with the 5.4 and 3.73s gets a solid 11 in town and 16 to 17 on the road. I see you're modified, but you must like to press the loud pedal too, right?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you are having some issue with that kind of gas milage i get at the worst 11.5 in town and 15 on the highway i mean how much have you dont to your truck to get those kind of numbers for gas milage

BlackBeast

Reaction score
Yeah i got the problem of a lead foot. I am always down on the gas pedal. I can't help it. It feels sooo good to go that fast in a SUV.

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I drive really fast and accelerate very hard. I get 11 mpg and I've got a supercharger.

When I tow a 7,000-lb boat through the desert I get better MPG than you are reporting...I'd look into it. No sense if wasting money on gas if it's a simple fix...like O2 sensor or cats or something...

Capri331

Reaction score
Originally posted by mustangrfast88
it can be done but how much gas milage and driveabilty do you want to give up i mean look at a ford lightning it runs low 13s

The LIGHTNING is a smaller and significantly lighter truck too.

Most Expeds won't hit 14's wide open down a mineshaft.

As for the guy who says his runs low 14's high 13's nothing to it. $5000 on a blower isn't chump change, then again neither are 22" wheels. That kind of money doesn't come to most of us that easy.