100,000 mile maintenance time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthGeorgia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello,
My 2017 Limited has 103,000+ miles on it. Time for the Maintenance.....Radiator, tranny, tune up, ??? I have had no problems with the vehicle and am still getting 22 mpg's on the highway. The only thing changed on it was the rear shocks that leaked. I have had no problems with the 'blower' recall situation; my blower never has caused a problem.

I have a family member who is a 'Master Tech' and so will trust them to perform the maintenance requirements. But, have any of you used OTHER than Ford parts in your maintenance? I see some reviews at 'parts' reviews that indicated the owner used 'other'.

What is y'alls thinking on this?

twodollars

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I stick with good name brands for filters and the like. Big fan of man humnel / wix filters, but just really try to avoid frame and off shore imported stuff. Had no issues related to non ford parts, other when I tried some really shady ebay type stuff. Found that building a relationship with my local napa to be good long term, in particular with warranty issues, and even in off warranty issues.

Helps to build relationships, but I live and buy in a small town.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I use Motorcraft parts. It certainly matters more on some things than on others. I'd stick with their transmission fluid, filter and gasket, for sure and probably use their idler pulleys. Can't think of too many other parts you'd be using on 100,000 mile service that would be too critical. As TwoDollars says, avoid the cheap junk.

tacoduck

Reaction score
I’d in a similar position. I’d start with the servicing the diff fluid and axle fluid. I’d also do a drain and fill on the transmission. Other areas would be new coolant, brake fluid, etc etc. I’m also considering doing a new water pump. 2016 3.5 with 103k miles on it.

Edit to add, my struts are probably done at that mileage as well. Curious as to aftermarket options.