12v Power Outlet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H
Reaction score
I can feel it's attached back there. I'm sure the outlet is dead. I got an OEM replacement, $8 on ebay new, but I can't get the old on out to try it

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's an annoying design but the tool works great. Buick regals are the same way. Try it without and you'll probably just break the trim that is connected to. I've seen dozens of posts over the years where it happened.

Jst ROM

Reaction score
To the OP:
I have a 2008 Expy Limited and I've never had to replace my 12v plug but FordTechMakuloc has a video in replacing the temperature blend motor. He pulls out the entire front plate where the radio, A/C, AUX and cigarette lighter plug resides to. If you take out that panel you'll have full access of the rear of that 12v plug in replacing it. I don't know if you need special tools but I'm assuming you'll need needle nose pliers and pick tools to take it out. Make sure to unhook the battery before doing all this you don't want to fry the electrical system or get shock of your life or both. Good luck.

Ford F150 & Expedition Temperature Blend Motor Clicking Repair

OP
OP
H
Reaction score
Actually, I got it out finally, replaced it, still doesn't work. I've checked every possible fuse (I had already done that but went back and rechecked) so I'm stumped.

turtle019

Reaction score
Fuse is good. The fuse is the same one that operates the cigarette lighter, lighter works
Are you sure it's the same fuse for both? Looks like the owners manual lists fuse 52 for the cigarette lighter and 41 for the IP power port