2000 Eddie Bauer or 2016 XLT - what would you buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

larkja

Reaction score
I agree with jparadee ... if you own a 2000, you better be a DIY guy for a lot of repairs or it could get expensive. If you have to take it to a shop for all repairs, RUN AWAY.

and yes $5000 is on the high side. having owned a few Expys I would at least test the parking brake and make sure it works or use that as negotiating tool. some of those e-brake parts are no longer possible to get. if it has good tires brakes no fluid leaks and is solid all around maybe worth price (sorta). IMHO

Good tip on the parking brake. And yes, I'm a DIY guy. Can do brakes, engine accessories (starters, alternators, water pumps, etc), change plugs, interior switches, blowers, etc. I don't get into engine internals or AC components. And yes, I do realize it's on the high side (price wise).

Thanks

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I wouldn’t sell my 1st gen for $5k. It’s worth more to me as a tool.
They’re inexpensive to fix, parts are easy, and they’re paid for.
When I’m done w her she’ll get retired and hang in my warehouse and live as a weekend tow rig.