2003 Expy possible Heater Core, how to make sure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1258

Reaction score
Going with the waterless will not make a problem for you the reason MFG use AF is its cheaper I have worked on High Performance engines and never had any problems with the cooling system when waterless was used and the wear time in those engines is accelerated

Frank Swygert

Reaction score
I've not used Evans but have friends with high performance cars that had cooling problems (even with larger radiator and fans, and other upgrades, was marginal) that were basically solved with Evans. I believe the main reason for the poor warranty is that many people use it in those situations, and the coolant may not be the issue. That and it's used a lot in high performance cars, like drag racers, and cars that have more engine than needed. The later usually just can't get a big enough radiator in to cool the 2500 hp engine adequately. I'm not a fan of super high hp "bragging right" engines. I don't mind "more than I need", but no one needs 1500+ hp in a street car! Drag racing a different story... or over the road tractor...

BlackCoffee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a thought on Evans. Make sure you do a good flush before hand. I used Valvoline Zerex, Radiator Super Cleaner, ZXC02 for a complete flush. For antifreeze I used Valvoline MAX LIFE AntiFrieeze, G05. Happy with products The last time I rebuilt my 5.4 (2003) there was a lot of buildup inside the block. I pulled the freeze plugs and used a couple long stiff brush to clean out the crude build up in the passages. Since that doesn't appear to be an option for you, I would try to get all that out with a good flush. Followed with a lot of water. I think Evans stresses getting all the old anti-freeze out, so a good flush seems appropriate.

Last edited: