2011 XL Instrument cluster lighting is dim…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EdMang

Reaction score
Hello, Newbie (to Forum) here, with my first question. My 2011 XL with only 106K miles is a great camper trailer hauler, but I have a problem seeing the instrument cluster— especially the tiny alpha-numeric information— not just because it’s all so small, but mainly because the lighting is so DIM… to the point of being virtually useless, day or night. So my question is, how can this be corrected? Settings? “Bulbs”, if indeed there ARE any? (I read somewhere that this dimming can be an early sign of the alternator going bad: true??). Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions!

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello, Newbie (to Forum) here, with my first question. My 2011 XL with only 106K miles is a great camper trailer hauler, but I have a problem seeing the instrument cluster— especially the tiny alpha-numeric information— not just because it’s all so small, but mainly because the lighting is so DIM… to the point of being virtually useless, day or night. So my question is, how can this be corrected? Settings? “Bulbs”, if indeed there ARE any? (I read somewhere that this dimming can be an early sign of the alternator going bad: true??). Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions!
Did you ever get this resolved? Having same problem with my 2013