2015 Expedition 2nd Row Captain's Chair to Bench Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brickandford

Reaction score
I am looking to convert my 2nd row captain chairs to a bench seat. I have purchased the 3 chairs that are needed for this. My question is how do you locate the bolt holes needed to install the middle seats. Do you have to remove the chairs that are in it already can you simply remove the armrests?

Thanks for any help.

Andrew

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are threads on this forum that go in detail on removal of the middle seat and putting in the middle seat.
Use the search button top right of the page.

Welcome to the forum

OP
OP
B

brickandford

Reaction score
Thanks I finished converting my captain chairs to bench seats and wanted to give an update. I removed all chairs on my 2nd row and reinstalled the passenger side of the second row first. I then put the middle seat in the car and marked the 4 bolt holes from the seat and removed the carpet around them. Once I cut the carpet out I found rubber tape over the bolt holes. Once I removed the rubber tape I found a larger than need hole however there was no threaded inserts. I went to the store and purchase 4 bolts, nuts and washers that were 3/8” longer than the bolts for the 2 outside chairs. To be able to access the bottom of the bolt holes for the middle seat you have to remove the 2 support brackets from the gas tank and let the gas tank come down to the ground ever so slightly. If I had to redo this I would have put a jack underneath the gas tank and eased it down because it was almost too heavy to get back up without a jack. Once you install the center seat you hold the gas tank up and reinstall the support bracket to for the gas tank and reinstall the seat behind the drivers. Overall this took 3 hours but that included going to oreillys to get the bolts for the center seat and removing and reinstalling the gas tank supports. Hope this helps somebody else in the future

holeintheice

Reaction score
I took my middle seat out and re-installed the bolts as you can see the ground. I'm sure you could do either was as mass production. Just different carpeting.