2015 Limited Seat cracking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brett nopper

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Limited where the drivers side seat has some wear and has some 1 inch cracks in certain places. Is there a way to replace the cover itself or any recommendations for repair?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Limited where the drivers side seat has some wear and has some 1 inch cracks in certain places. Is there a way to replace the cover itself or any recommendations for repair?

I bought a new 2015 Ford Expedition Limited with the Dune color interior - with leather seating, and heated and cooled front seats.

Under the base warranty, the driver seat cover bottom was replaced twice due to cracking.

The cover can be replaced and is very expensive. The seat must be removed from the vehicle.

For an extra cost, up level trim, the interior on the Limited is very poor quality. One of several things I hate about the vehicle.

OP
OP
B

brett nopper

Reaction score
Dang same one I have, dune. I've seen some covers on ebay and elsewhere for around $200 but not sure on quality of it.

Joe S

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Limited 4x4 and I recently had both front seat bottoms (passenger & driver) replaced as they were cracked. The upper's were still in great shape and didn't require replacement. Although i was worried the new bottoms and old uppers wouldn't match but he assured me they would. I first called Ford dealer and they wanted $3000 to replace both seats...So I went to my local auto upholstery shop and I couldn't be happier...total cost $ 752 dollars. The seat looks amazing and look completely factory stock down to the color and material quality...

He ordered mine through "The Seat Shop" in Texas 214-710-2565
Here is another place to get seat covers if the The Seat Shop doesn't have your year (UF Auto Covers Texas) 281-691-2859

Last edited:

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I used leather covers from The Seat Shop. Each lower or upper cover is about $200. If you're handy and know how to remove the seats and use upholstery hog rings, replacing each cover is a two hour job. Their covers are a perfect match and are made in USA. No matter what you do, the original and/or replacements seem to last about 100K miles of daily driving before a crack appears.

The Seat Shop's web site has an excellent video showing the process of recovering an Expedition seat. Check it out and decide if you're up to it.

My '08 has 120K miles on it and I've replaced three pieces by now. Ridiculous design. The cloth seats seem to last much longer.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used leather covers from The Seat Shop. Each lower or upper cover is about $200. If you're handy and know how to remove the seats and use upholstery hog rings, replacing each cover is a two hour job. Their covers are a perfect match and are made in USA. No matter what you do, the original and/or replacements seem to last about 100K miles of daily driving before a crack appears.

The Seat Shop's web site has an excellent video showing the process of recovering an Expedition seat. Check it out and decide if you're up to it.

My '08 has 120K miles on it and I've replaced three pieces by now. Ridiculous design. The cloth seats seem to last much longer.
Nope, my old XLT wore right through on the cloth in the same spot my leather is cracking

Fasttimes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had my cracked camel leather front leather seats redone in vinyl, matching the color exactly and still using the original head-rests by a local uhpolsterer. Choose to not redo leather because I'm often wet coming from the boat. Looks amazing, so glad I did. You can't tell the difference between any of the other seats. Paid about $400 each. At the same time I also had to re-do with the same vinyl the sides of the second row side seats becuase they were cracked as well. Looks great. Way better than doing seat covers that's for sure.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The Seat Shop makes the covers in all-vinyl as well as the OEM leather "seating surface" with vinyl sides. The problem I have with the OEM seats is that it's the vinyl side pieces that crack.

The all vinyl bottom cushion covers are $140 vs $200 for the vinyl/leather OEM type.

shinysideup2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Joe S - We'd love to see photos of your seats if you have any to share!
I have a 2012 Limited 4x4 and I recently had both front seat bottoms (passenger & driver) replaced as they were cracked. The upper's were still in great shape and didn't require replacement. Although i was worried the new bottoms and old uppers wouldn't match but he assured me they would. I first called Ford dealer and they wanted $3000 to replace both seats...So I went to my local auto upholstery shop and I couldn't be happier...total cost $ 752 dollars. The seat looks amazing and look completely factory stock down to the color and material quality...

He ordered mine through "The Seat Shop" in Texas 214-710-2565
Here is another place to get seat covers if the The Seat Shop doesn't have your year (UF Auto Covers Texas) 281-691-2859

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire