2015 - Powertrain Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arcdanner

Reaction score
Hello all, I got a powertrain fault today and limped off the road. I restarted and all was fine. A couple test drives did not recreate the issue. I checked for a code and for P2112.
OBD-II Code P2112 is defined as a Throttle Actuator Control System - Stuck Closed

The throttle motor opens and closes the throttle plate, allowing more or less air to flow through the engine based on the driver's request for power. The throttle motor is controlled by the engine computer (PCM). If the PCM does any movement from the throttle motor, code P2112 will set. The PCM may also put the engine into "limp home mode", limiting the available power from the engine to prevent unwanted acceleration.

Any experience with this issue? I have done some searches and cannot really get the fault combined with this code. I am pulling a camper 3 hours away in a couple days, not sure if I should delay that and get to the dealership instead.

Any input appreciated.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I got a powertrain fault today and limped off the road. I restarted and all was fine. A couple test drives did not recreate the issue. I checked for a code and for P2112.
OBD-II Code P2112 is defined as a Throttle Actuator Control System - Stuck Closed

The throttle motor opens and closes the throttle plate, allowing more or less air to flow through the engine based on the driver's request for power. The throttle motor is controlled by the engine computer (PCM). If the PCM does any movement from the throttle motor, code P2112 will set. The PCM may also put the engine into "limp home mode", limiting the available power from the engine to prevent unwanted acceleration.

Any experience with this issue? I have done some searches and cannot really get the fault combined with this code. I am pulling a camper 3 hours away in a couple days, not sure if I should delay that and get to the dealership instead.

Any input appreciated.
Welcome to the forum. I believe there is a Technical Service Bulletin on some model years and if your search the forum for "throttle body TSB" and see what comes up.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Any input appreciated.
Hmmm...how about your vehicle info (year, miles, model, engine)

It could very well be that your throttle was stuck closed. Its not always a sensor fault. First thing I would do is pop off the intake off the throttle body and inspect the butterfly. It could be just dirty and in need of a good cleaning, which is easy.

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently had the same error on my 15 with 60K miles. it happened twice. I could clear the error and it ran fine. It didn't happen again and the dealer couldn't get a code. They replaced the TB and i haven't had the problem since.

Bigbadbull

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There have been issues with the 3.5EB and bad throttle bodies. Check the TSB's and call your Ford dealer to schedule an appointment for a replacement.