2016 EL XLT getting lifted - how important are new shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PSD Bullitt

Reaction score
I've already ordered the Readylift 2/3 through Stage 3 Motorsports for only $265 and it should be here on Saturday. The lift and future tire upgrade is purely cosmetic for me since I rarely venture off of a paved road.

Watching their video they suggest changing out the shocks while you have it all apart.
My 2016 EL XLT has ~48,000 miles but the shocks look to be in good shape from a visual inspection from underneath.

How important is it to replace them with better shocks and what is recommended for this short of a lift on a 4WD that rarely sees anything other than dry pavement? I occasionally get on a dirt road during hunting season but even then I rarely need the 4WD :)

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
I've already ordered the Readylift 2/3 through Stage 3 Motorsports for only $265 and it should be here on Saturday. The lift and future tire upgrade is purely cosmetic for me since I rarely venture off of a paved road.

Watching their video they suggest changing out the shocks while you have it all apart.
My 2016 EL XLT has ~48,000 miles but the shocks look to be in good shape from a visual inspection from underneath.

How important is it to replace them with better shocks and what is recommended for this short of a lift on a 4WD that rarely sees anything other than dry pavement? I occasionally get on a dirt road during hunting season but even then I rarely need the 4WD :)
Check out my post titled “my Readylift 3/2 experience” I did it myself in my dad’s driveway. Did not change shocks but I also only had about 17k miles on them. Stayed with 20” OEM wheels and went with 35/11.50/20 ridge grapplers

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shocks: as needed / absolutely not required

Reason people change them is they still gotta come out anyway to install spacers, just saves time/labor if you need/want shocks anyway

Last edited:

Sccritterkiller

Reaction score
Agree with above only reason I change mine when I did the lift was because mine were OEM and had 155k...

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would be nice is someone would make some actual shock upgrades for us.
Fox, Icon would be nice but would settle for even just some Bilsteins.
But I doubt it will happen.

It would be worth it then. But with that mileage you will see no difference.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Would be nice is someone would make some actual shock upgrades for us.
Fox, Icon would be nice but would settle for even just some Bilsteins.
But I doubt it will happen.

It would be worth it then. But with that mileage you will see no difference.
You can get the f150 icon coilovers lift. For $3000...

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had my readylifts put in my '14 today. I can definitely feel a difference. Not nearly as smooth of a ride. I can feel pot holes a lot more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69