2017 Off-Road build - Phase 1 - The Basics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the front RCI skid plates. They fit fine.

The Expedition and F150 frames are not the same, so I’m not surprised the pieces further back didn’t fit.

You got them for $125. You can use what fits and sell the remaining for $125. Sounds like a win.

And while yes, you’re screwed with departure angle, breakover angle is pretty high on the issue list as well.

eddytheexpy

Reaction score
Well with the skid plates, I'm not as worried about the breakover angle anymore, I can always back up once I hear contact to not scrape up things beyond them. plus I just left the stock side steps on and will replace them when they get crushed up but I don't get too crazy off roading. figured I'd get the skid plates as a protection measure and it would be bad decision to not buy it at $125. the guy I bought it from said he was just going to cut it up and use the metal on other projects but figured he would try selling it first.

You'd be surprised, I'm trying pretty hard to sell the damn transferase skid plate. I've dropped my price down to $35 and still no bites! I live in phoenix so no one knows how to keep the old ones running. Gotta have the newest super lifted pavement princesses to look cool but look really dumb because they cut off it's legs by going with 2wd.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire