2018 Front License Plate Removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No matter what I do, it’s getting much worse mpg than advertised. Removing an air dam isn’t going to make much difference there, but sure does look better and you won’t have to worry about ruining it on every standard curb. I think mine will come off today !

I see you're in Utah. What kind of mileage are you getting? Mine does great, an\bout 20%-25% better than my '08.

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi I Live in Arizona but speed limit in Utah on I-70 is 80 MPH so can drive 89mph safely
drive 84 mph on I-10 in arizona:33:

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi I Live in Arizona but speed limit in Utah on I-70 is 80 MPH so can drive 89mph safely
drive 84 mph on I-10 in arizona:33:

Be careful. UHP said they'll enforce 80MPH pretty strictly. We drive 82MPH in our 528i, and get 32MPG. Heading to the Black Hills on a road trip in the new Expy soon, we'll probably keep it between 72-75MPH. Not in a hurry.

Dscustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol. I live in southern Utah. I don’t even get a second look at 83 in any 75 or 87 in an 80. Mpg isn’t great but it’s a little better than my 16 Yukon Denali. I usually get 20 on cruise control driving to Vegas. I didn’t get this for mpg, but the sticker estimates are a blatant lie.

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol. I live in southern Utah. I don’t even get a second look at 83 in any 75 or 87 in an 80. Mpg isn’t great but it’s a little better than my 16 Yukon Denali. I usually get 20 on cruise control driving to Vegas. I didn’t get this for mpg, but the sticker estimates are a blatant lie.

I drove out to Tooele a bit ago, 24MPG. My last tank combined City/Highway was 22MPG. But you won't see that at 80MPH.

Adam Huskins

Reaction score

I had heard somewhere that EPA mileage was performed at something like 55mph. At that speed it’s no wonder the mpg would be so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you end up plugging the holes? I want to pull off my front plate holder and am looking for the right plugs to make it look okay :)
There is an online vendor who sells painted to match "bumper plugs." I bought them for the wife's Lincoln when I took off the unneeded front license plate bracket. Plus side was that it was a perfect match to the white Platinum bumper. They're kinda pricy nowadays. I recall that they used to be cheaper...I mean they're just everyday Dorman push plugs with paint.

2Scoops

Reaction score
I removed the front View attachment 25730 plastic air dam also. Pretty sure I don't miss it and it looks better.

Did you replace the upper piece on the bumper? I don't see a plug or hole in that piece? Did I miss something? Pulling my license plate holder off and want to know how to clean that hole up without a plug if I can.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I located a 2018 Expedition with all the options we wanted, but it was an out of state dealer trade. At my insistence, my dealer replaced both affected parts of the bumper that had holes from the front plate bracket. The only challenge was that the new parts arrived unpainted from Ford, so the dealer had a body shop paint the two new parts to match. Quite a bit of hassle, but I plan to keep the vehicle for 10 years and wanted it to be right.