2018+ Post Pictures Thread!- Lets see those shiny new trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Every place has different packages. Like I said the $3500 package I was quoted included
Decon wash
Shampoo
Orange peel paint correction (multi stage)
PPF application (3M or Suntek)
2 layers C quartz UV cured
Wheels off coating (wheels removed, decon’d, polished, 2 layers ceramic coating UV cured, steam clean wheel wells, undercarriage/suspension coating)

3-5 day job depending on severity of paint. To me, worth it? Maybe for a show car. A daily driver I’ll do the old fashioned DA polisher method by myself.

Yes I totally agree with you. I was simply saying that on a brand new daily driver, if someone ‘just’ wants a stage 1 correction and a ceramic, that can be had, at a reputable detail shop, for ~$1k

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gladly. I get a little discount since I’ve been going for years. I was off by $300 but I forgot I also got some interior pieces covered with Xpel. My bad.

8f6b575a020c9024a0d1e5835141606d.png
A $700 dollar exterior detail? I’d like to see the quality of that under some heavy duty LED lights. Does that include wet sanding to remove the factory orange peel effect from the paint?

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes I totally agree with you. I was simply saying that on a brand new daily driver, if someone ‘just’ wants a stage 1 correction and a ceramic, that can be had, at a reputable detail shop, for ~$1k
Yeahhhh, I feel like those would be the guys just starting out in the ceramic coating business though wouldn’t you?

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A $700 dollar exterior detail? I’d like to see the quality of that under some heavy duty LED lights. Does that include wet sanding to remove the factory orange peel effect from the paint?

It’s a level 1 correction plus ceramic coating. Like I said...for $1000, you can get a car corrected, ceramic coated and tinted.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeahhhh, I feel like those would be the guys just starting out in the ceramic coating business though wouldn’t you?

Not really. The shop I go to is one of the best in the state and has been around a long time. $1k for ‘just’ a stage 1 correction and ceramic is pretty standard.

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s a level 1 correction plus ceramic coating. Like I said...for $1000, you can get a car corrected, ceramic coated and tinted.
What do you think that shop would do if you had an accident and needed panels re corrected and re coated ?Hook you up or charge you like they normally would

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What do you think that shop would do if you had an accident and needed panels re corrected and re coated ?Hook you up or charge you like they normally would

A single panel? Who knows, couple hundred probably? It’s a $100k vehicle so I honestly don’t spend a ton of time worrying about whether it would be $100 or $300 to redo a panel after a hypothetical accident in the future.

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A single panel? Who knows, couple hundred probably? It’s a $100k vehicle so I honestly don’t spend a ton of time worrying about whether it would be $100 or $300 to redo a panel after a hypothetical accident in the future.
What do you drive?? Navigator?