2019 Expedition Limited - P0365 Camshaft Position Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RWillis86

Reaction score
Hi All,

Please excuse me if any of the issues that I am having have been discussed before. I just wanted to lay out everything that has been going on with my Expedition since I have owned, which has been about over a year.

I currently own a 2019 Limited and I do really enjoy owning the vehicle minus all of the little issues that you don't expect to happen when purchasing a vehicle with 32,000 miles.

After purchasing the vehicle it was MD state inspected and during the inspection they noticed some diff fluid around the front axel seal which was covered by the vehicle warranty as it should be. During this time they service center was very nice and also noted that my battery voltage seemed a little low. Didn't think anything of it at the time as they didn't press me too hard on replacing it or list any issues that it could cause from just being a little low. The vehicle started up great and didn't see any reason to address at the time.

5000 Miles later and just out of the dealer bumper to bumper warranty I has a leaky shock which after investigating was two front shocks that were leaking and needed to be replaced. Like I said just out of warranty so had to flip the bill for that one. I did try calling for directly and complaining a bit because it is complete BS that their shocks are leaking/failing after so little miles. No help on the bill even after a few calls.

A little while after that my trans started to have a hard shift while driving, usually it would be around 35mph in 6th gear and when you went to get back on the gas and it would shift to 3rd it would be a shutter/clunk type of noise. This was random and didn't always repeat so I was kind of waiting for it to happen a little more so that when I took it too the dealer they could repeat the problem as well and address it. Because if they cant repeat the problem then it doesn't exist.

So the transmission problem continued to occur and with that a check engine light appeared which turned out to be P0365 Camshaft position sensor B Circuit (bank 1). So I scheduled a service visit for the trans and check engine light. The outcome from that was I ended up replacing the sensor myself as I am mechanically inclined enough to not want to fork over $300 for a $60 sensor. It was easy to replace, only took about 30min. The dealer could not replicate the trans issue so they offered to reset the adaptive learning which of course they couldn't cause the machine was down and I never got a call to bring it back in when it was back online. I will say that after I replaced the Camshaft position sensor the vehicle did run better and was hoping that the trans issue was due to the engine not running right and the trans not knowing when to shift due to the motor running a little rough.

Fast forward to today the trans is still shifting funny from time to time and I have another check engine light, P0365. The first replacement was in September of 23' so I am thinking that it is a deeper issue now. The dealer will cover the sensor I put in and give me a new one under their parts warranty, but I am thinking its time to start diving little deeper if I am going to keep this vehicle.

For the little research and posts that I read on here I might start with checking the battery and possibly changing out the battery as it is the original. From what I understand the newer expeditions use some battery when it is sitting, even just over night. The passenger doors also don't open by sensing the key fob and have read some posts that was due to a worn out battery and could be resolved by getting a new one. I will also look into checking the Camshaft position sensor plug in the vehicles current state with the old battery.

Sorry for the long winded post just need a little help as my wife if the one driving the vehicle and no she is not the problem lol. I have the same issues when driving the vehicle. Any help is appreciated.

-Willis

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire