2022 3rd brake light - replace with 2023 version that flashes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxine the Max

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am always looking for any way to increase visibility to help avoid collisions from those distracted drivers. I noticed the 2023 3rd brake light pulses once or twice before going solid. Anybody have information on how and what to replace mine with one that does that? Thanks in advance!
When we purchased our 2019 Max last April, the flashing center break light (below the spoiler) was an option at an extra charge. If we didn't want it, that component would be removed. We did take it, I think it was an additional 200 dollars, maybe less. It was purchased in Minnesota. I've noticed a few others around with it too. I suppose eventually it will become common place.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can buy the little thing that does the flashing on the third light for under $20 bucks on ebay, amazon, etc. Some dealers have jumped on these and charge a huge upcharge for it as an "added safety" feature.