2022 Ford Expedition - Multiple DTC after removing rear passenger seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dennis48755

Reaction score
I posted the below on the FORScan forum, thought I would ask here as well.

I removed the rear passenger captains chair seat in my 2018 Expedition with no issues. I loved the open access from my rear passenger door and it made it convenient for my two large dogs. With no family (other than my doggies) the missing seat was not an issue.

Well things changed when I removed that (rear passenger) seat in my new 2022 Expedition. Apparently the 2022 monitors rear seat belt status and I know the right rear seat contains the "Heated Second Row Seat Module".

When turning on the Expedition power I get a couple dash messages regarding "Rear belt monitor fault..." and Forscan lists DTC's from the SCMJ module Code: B1550 - Second Row Right Fold Output, and RCM module Code: Second Row Passenger Side Seatbelt Sensor.

Other than reinstalling the seat (I really like it removed) does anyone know how I could circumvent these messages & DTC's?

Is there a way to configure the system that the seat is not present so don't monitor it?

Thanks
Dennis

CDNRabbit

Reaction score
Darn, I was planning to remove the second row middle seat while the kids move out of their car seats. Hopefully their is a Forscan fix.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Darn, I was planning to remove the second row middle seat while the kids move out of their car seats. Hopefully their is a Forscan fix.
Second row middle seat removal will probably be fine. Dennis removed one of the captain’s chairs. Removing one of the outer seats from the bench configuration will probably set off similar alarms.

CDNRabbit

Reaction score
Second row middle seat removal will probably be fine. Dennis removed one of the captain’s chairs. Removing one of the outer seats from the bench configuration will probably set off similar alarms.
I guess I'll have to give it a try.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess I'll have to give it a try.
@CDNRabbit , I expect you'll have similar errors to what OP is seeing on the outboard seatbelt monitor fault. The 2022 monitors the 2nd row center seatbelt as well as the outboard ones.

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
CDNRabbit is correct, rear middle seat is monitored as well.

tcoopermd

Reaction score
I posted the below on the FORScan forum, thought I would ask here as well.

I removed the rear passenger captains chair seat in my 2018 Expedition with no issues. I loved the open access from my rear passenger door and it made it convenient for my two large dogs. With no family (other than my doggies) the missing seat was not an issue.

Well things changed when I removed that (rear passenger) seat in my new 2022 Expedition. Apparently the 2022 monitors rear seat belt status and I know the right rear seat contains the "Heated Second Row Seat Module".

When turning on the Expedition power I get a couple dash messages regarding "Rear belt monitor fault..." and Forscan lists DTC's from the SCMJ module Code: B1550 - Second Row Right Fold Output, and RCM module Code: Second Row Passenger Side Seatbelt Sensor.

Other than reinstalling the seat (I really like it removed) does anyone know how I could circumvent these messages & DTC's?

Is there a way to configure the system that the seat is not present so don't monitor it?

Thanks
Dennis
Dennis, did you find a fix?

chrjack1973

Reaction score
Hi there,

Total new guy here - any fix info would be appreciated.

I am keen to remove all the second row seats on my 2022 Max to store things.

Happy to pay a professional because of the monitoring issues - I assume the dealership wouldn't do it.

Any thoughts appreciated.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you remove the seat do you leave the female part of the seatbelt there? Or is it completely attached to the seat? If it stays in the truck, maybe go to the junk yard and find a male end and just keep it plugged in? Doubt it's that simple but thought I would ask.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni