2nd Row Seat Fabric/Leather Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atticus Mabrry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone having this issue with the two outboard seats on a 2018 Limited? The middle seat seems normal. I took to Ford dealer to have it looked at...and when I picked it up there was no explanation and they hadn't fixed it. Even thought they supposedly inspected the middle seat for some safety issue recall. I was too mad to even confront them about it after seeing it not fixed. Thoughts? I can't seem to get the plastic clamps to hook onto anything...IMG_3094.jpgIMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3092.jpg

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a problem with my 2nd row passenger side captain chair. The leather came "untucked" from where the seat tilt lever is on top of the seat. I took it to my dealership where I purchased it. They ordered a whole new black plastic level and replaced it. Not sure that was necessary. They really only needed to take it apart and tuck the leather back under that part and reinstall.

But what do I know... Its repaired now.

OP
OP
Atticus Mabrry

Atticus Mabrry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guess I will need to drive to Illinois since my local dealer's service department is unwilling to fix anything...

OP
OP
Atticus Mabrry

Atticus Mabrry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes...just another day affair to get stuff fixed...it's incredible how dismissive they are. I have a recommendation on a service tech at another dealership that I am going to try. So we shall see. I will update after Christmas when I have time to take it again.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone having this issue with the two outboard seats on a 2018 Limited? The middle seat seems normal. I took to Ford dealer to have it looked at...and when I picked it up there was no explanation and they hadn't fixed it. Even thought they supposedly inspected the middle seat for some safety issue recall. I was too mad to even confront them about it after seeing it not fixed. Thoughts? I can't seem to get the plastic clamps to hook onto anything...View attachment 27849View attachment 27850

View attachment 27851

Not really a problem per se

Just tuck it back in. If it has a plastic bracket thingie sewn into the leather/fabric dangling loose, get under there with a flashlight/tumble it and find a thick metal rod OR metal edge that would be nearby if the fabric/leather were stretched taught, then pull it just past it and release for it to snap right on

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a problem with my 2nd row passenger side captain chair. The leather came "untucked" from where the seat tilt lever is on top of the seat. I took it to my dealership where I purchased it. They ordered a whole new black plastic level and replaced it. Not sure that was necessary. They really only needed to take it apart and tuck the leather back under that part and reinstall.

But what do I know... Its repaired now.

Mine was like that on delivery. Still not fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raptors

Reaction score
I saw a 2018 expedition used at Carmax when I was getting my trade in appraised to see who was higher, them or the dealer.

It had 1000 miles on it and the seats had the same issues as in the pictures. Same color also. Just sitting there in the showroom. It seemed strange to me at the time; wondered why they didn’t try to tuck that under somehow.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The plastic "snap on" bracket sewn onto the fabric sometimes cracks and breaks. If that's the case usually it can be rigged with hog rings; though at times the entire cover needs replacement. It's the dealers' problem, but if you really want it fixed and you can't do it yourself, any upholstery shop should be able to tidy it up for lunch money.

kpat

Reaction score
Mine was like that on delivery. Still not fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same here and they already tried to fix it once. Noticed today it is “untucked”. They try to tell me that they replaced the whole seat....ummmm ok sure. Same issue....same exact spot.